Saturday, January 22, 2011

Winter's Wonderland

Beus Pond
My brother and his girl friend drove out for a short visit. They wanted to do a hike, but the weather didn’t look like hiking would be a good idea, so instead we went to Beus Pond.

Winter has brought a layer of ice to this beautiful play. The ducks didn’t seem to mind the weather much, hanging around on the ice.

Others went swimming in the parts of the pond that weren’t locked under a layer of ice.

Along the way, we discovered a number of ice formations that begged the camera lens to immortalize them. Naturally, I obliged.

I also saw some very cute little tracks that followed along the shore of the water which were reminiscent of a child’s hand print. All of you cub scouts out there could probably tell me what it was that left these tracks. I was purely enchanted with the mystery.

I encourage everyone who reads this to take a morning or afternoon and go to a park or pond near them and enjoy the wildlife. There’s bound to be a story in every landscape.

I know I discovered many on my visit to Beus Pond.

4 comments:

Bri K said...

PS - I did take a few more pictures that are on Brighton's camera of him and Jenny. Tell him to post them on FB or something. I had more of them, but I don't know what shots/angles they liked of what I took, so I want that to be up to them.

Jabon said...

Thanks for sharing! Wish I could have been there

Brighton said...

I had a great time Bri, I won't have time till either next weekend or the weekend after that to go through my pictures.

Laurie said...

Awesome, Girl. This used to be my favorite pond.
Thanks for the reminding me of its mystery.
Peace.

Post a Comment