Monday, February 28, 2011

Orlando's True Magic


For everyone, there comes a time in life when reality and Disney cross paths in a major way. For me, this happened this February. For the first time in my young life, I entered a Disney theme park. Here to follow are a few images and tales of my visit to Walt Disney World in Orlando.

At the beginning of my adventure, I got to go up into the Swiss Family Robinson's Tree House and it was incredible. I would have liked to have spent more time there, but the line of people kept urging us all forward. Below is an image of me next to the bust of one of my mom's favorite actors.

One of my favorite is the Love Bug and the classic other Herbie movies. Naturally, you can imagine my delight at Hollywood Studios on the Backlots Tour when I got to see Herbie, both the chopped and whole versions waiting around.

Then, on that same ride, I was able to experience an earthquake & flood. I could feel the heat from the fires and I sure loved that little scare if gave us.

Now, we did go shopping around Downtown Disney, and here's a picture opportunity we had and couldn't walk away from:

Another highlight was in Animal World on a Safari ride. I love Elephants, so when we got to see a small little herd of them, I was happy. I also enjoyed being able to take a rest and be off my feet for a while.

Now, as you well can imagine, my nephew & niece were with us throughout the week and truly they were the main attraction and highlight of our adventure.

Their eyes were full of the magic and wonder and it was hard not to feel that this really was a different world.

Epcot was great, I wish I'd had more time there. I did enter the German zone and here's a picture of me shopping the shops there and loving it!

Another part of our vacation brought us to Universal Studios, a theme park with ever major movie or show themed ride you could ever want.

I got to enter into the Harry Potter section, which was really neat.

It’s really something else to be in a life-sized representation of JK Rowling’s wizarding world.

Since one of my favorite children’s authors is Dr. Seuss, I was happily at home in that portion of the park, watching little Jonathon & Hannah enjoy the fun rides and play areas. I will say that before anyone decides to ride the Cat in the Hat ride, they should first down some Dramamine and hope for the best. It was a wacky ride, one that I was happy to get off at the end. Sorry, I didn't get any pictures in this part of the park :(

I did have a wonderful time and though the plane ride was long and less than fun, I will someday return to this wonderful city of Orlando.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow! Looks like you had a great time - I have been to Disneyland in California, but never Florida. Looks beautiful!

Jabon said...

Cool trip it looks like!

Our little corner said...

I went there once when I was in HS but have been wanting to go back since! So fun! I love it there!! Looks like you had a blast!!

Unknown said...

I got to go there last summer. It was a blast! But the Harry Potter World was too new to be anything but crowded. Glad you could go. What's your WIP?

Post a Comment