A good friend of mine lives close by. She asked if I needed help with anything. I gave her a short shopping list of vitamins and things that would naturally bring me back to health.

She graciously picked them up for me and dropped them by. As she left, she noticed a red Jeep Grand Cherokee pulling up near my house. She asked if I knew anyone who drove such a machine. I shook my head. “No, I don’t think so.” She concluded that maybe they were turning around or going to a neighbor’s house.
My friend left and I went into the kitchen do get a knife to open the seals on the my vitamins. About a minute and a half later, my doorbell frantically rang. Maybe she forgot something, I told myself as I hurried across the room to it, knife still in hand, I opened the door to see, at first, no one.
But then, my screen door burst opened (it’s one of those half screen and bottom half opaque metal). A little girl charged passed me and into my house. I didn’t recognize her. I just stood there. Remember the medication I’d taken previously had played with my perception of things. There I was, at the door and little girl running around my house, asking where the kids were, the toys and everything. And I’m thinking, But I don’t have kids, in my head.
Then her mother rounds the corner, toting a toddler in arms and she gasps when she sees me. “Oh no, I have the wrong house, don’t I?”I’m dumbfounded, but I nod. Is this real?
“And my little girl just ran into your house, sorry.”
I just shrug. I hope she doesn’t see the knife. She probably thinks I’m a criminal or druggie. The lady finally manages to convince her daughter to leave my house and I still stand there, knife tucked behind my back, like a deer in headlights.
She apologized a million times, and I couldn’t say anything. I was too…disbelieving to say anything. After I closed and locked my door, I hesitated. Did that just happen? I asked myself. Were they real?I finally sent my friend a text to tell her what happened (and to verify to myself that they were real). I mean, seriously this lady and her kid show up thinking my house is their friend’s place and she sends her kid up to ring the bell while she gets her things together.

1 comment:
This REALLY did happen. It was verified, I promise.
Post a Comment