Dear Little One,
A lot of things have happened that were unexpected, starting with a doctor appointment the first of this month. You weren't as active as you used to be, so the doctor decided to do a non-stress test. You didn't do so well, so he had Mommy eat and then do the test again. Things looked better after a little while, but the doctor decided the 3-day weekend ahead was too long, so he told Mommy to come in for another test. That Saturday, the 3rd, Mommy went in and things were looking great. Your little heart was beating at a normal rate and you were moving around just fine.
Two days later though, something had changed. Mommy had noticed that you weren’t moving at all, so she went into the hospital. They gave Mommy and Daddy the hard news that you weren’t going to stay with them as long as they had planned because your little heart wasn’t beating.
After 40 hours of induced labor your Mommy delivered your tired little body into this world. With tears in her eyes, she looked down at your lovely face. Daddy and Mommy were blessed to have a lot of Daddy’s family there with us so that we could all get to hold you for a little while and feel of the peace that came. Your little toes look like Mommy’s and your mouth and nose look a lot like your Daddy’s.Thanks to UtahShare and Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep volunteers as well as excellent nurses, a wonderful doctor and kind anesthesiologist, Mommy and Daddy can look back on September 7 and remember you.
We miss you so much.
We went home later that week (Friday) after Mommy got much of her strength back thanks to a blood transfusion. Daddy and Grandpa Kent got things in order with Lindquist Mortuary for a small graveside service to be held out at Hooper Cemetery.
On September 17th, you were laid to rest in a beautiful ceremony. After a family prayer said by your Grandpa Eagar, we all drove out to the cemetery. Since you were so little, Daddy was your only Pallbearer. All of your uncles were Honorary Pallbearers. Your uncle Tony played his guitar and sang Come Thou Fount and then Grandpa Kent dedicated your grave.
Dear friends and family gathered to honor your short time here on earth and to embrace your grieving parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and great-grandparents. Here’s a little poem that Mommy wrote to you:
Our souls were anxious for parenthood,
our arms were ready to hold you, dear Corban;
our hearts already overflowed with love.
We just couldn’t wait for our little son to be born!
We had hours and minutes where others have had years,
but we filled every second with love and memories,
sharing kisses and soft words; we only wiped away happy tears.
We know there is the promise of holding you in the eternities.
Son, you are loved beyond the reach or power of words.
We ache to hold you again and to show you this world,
to share in your delight as you discover its wonder and make wishes,
to hear your laughter, catch your tears and gather your kisses.
But you are an angel now, awaiting that wonderful day
when once again, we are reunited as an eternal family.
You have left handprints on our hearts and hope along the way;
we will never forget you, dearest Corban. Love Daddy & Mommy.






9 comments:
This was a beautiful post, and beautiful pics, Briana. I'm so sorry for your loss. You've been in my prayers. I hope you may have continued peace and comfort during what will be a difficult road ahead of you.
A precious baby with his mommy & daddy loving holding him in their arms. A Beautiful Eternal Family.
You are amazing and I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful little Corban. I'll be saying lots of prayers for you and your family. Thank goodness for the Gospel and the plan of Salvation.
I know there is absolutely nothing I can say to really comfort you. My heart goes out to you and aches for you too. What a beautiful post and pictures of your little family. What a special little guy Corban must be and so are his parents! (God knew you could do this....sob, sob!) I pray you will always be blessed with the strength to carry on. Love you guys so much!
Oh Bri, I just found out through this post and my heart hurts for you. He is so beautiful I'm so sorry you lost him for now, though I know you'll get to raise him again one day. I love you and you are in my prayers!
He is one beautiful little boy. He must be one special little boy to have such amazing parents. He is perfect. I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that you will have the opportunity to be with your sweet baby boy again. Derrick was in the Manti Temple Saturday, and he placed your families names on the prayer roll. We are continuing to pray for your family each day. Love you!
Brianna, you have such a gift with words. I admire your ability to write about Corban so soon. Doing so will help keep the memories close and I assume will be a comfort to you and possibly even a stranger who chances to runs across them. We are anxiously waiting with you so we, too, can get to know him. I miss my nephew.
I'm so sorry for your loss, Bri. What a beautiful baby you have. I'm glad you have some nice pictures to remember him. Prayers for you and your family. Colette (Butterfield) Miller
Brianna,
I just checked in with Facebook and found out what happened. I am so devastated for you and your family. It's been so fun to see you prepare for Corban's arrival. As I remember back to our time at the temple, your mission experiences, and family I know you have the strength and love of our Savior to help you through this experience. Corban is beautiful and one lucky little spirit to have such wonderful parents. As always, thank you for sharing this with us through your gift if writing.
Love, Heidi
Post a Comment