Dear Little One,
Today was the first Mother's Day that I (your mommy) was able to celebrate. I think I had a smile stretched from ear to ear.
I got to read a small letter to the congregation at Church today. A missionary who is currently in the Berlin Germany Mission sent a letter to his mother to read as part of her talk. She asked if I would read it in German and then translate. I practiced the pronunciation a little. When I got up there I tore through that letter so quickly in German. In fact I think my German was faster than my English translation. A number of people in the congregation have lived in Germany. A couple different ones came up and said they'd never heard someone non-native read German so well. Goes to show my German Minor paid off! All those hard tests on pronunciation were worth it!
Then I got to teach the lesson and lead a craft for all the kids in Primary. We had pictures of us in the Primary Presidency and then of our moms from high school or in the early 20's. Since I'm the youngest of the presidency, everyone guessed my high school picture pretty fast. The picture above is of my mommy. I don't know if she looks that much like me, but some of the kids in Primary could see the resemblance! The picture below is one where I'm looking off into the distance, hopefully it will be the best match to the one of my mum!
Anyhow, I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:
Post a Comment