Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What Lies Beneath

Every once in a while I get the urge to deep clean. What I mean by this is that I go digging. In this case, it was under the bed. I had been doing a colossal amount of laundry, even wrote a poem about it. I spied a sock hidden beneath a pile of empty plastic bottles. I nabbed the sock and added it to my laundry load. I returned to the bed and pulled out over 200 plastic bottles. Only 3 were on my side of the bed…so you can imagine whose side I put all 200 bottles on under the covers. Just kidding. I nabbed a picture and then collapsed them so they’d fit in a plastic bag. And yes, I recycled them.

Do you realize?

Do you realize, those things in the corner?

Yes, those piled up clothes—

they await the magician,

they await… you.

They long to dance, and

yes, they long to move;

they have waited at least a week

or, perhaps it has already been two.

Do you realize, the soul is present?

Yes, present…in the being of you—

you could animate many forms,

yes, this you could truly do

you could breathe motion

into their defeated frames.

All of this—yes, this—

you could do,

if you did so choose.

(c)Brianna Kent 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment